Use of this website is subject to the following terms:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- BIOR Membership Renewal Policy
- Membership of the BIOR is on an annual basis and begins on the date of payment. After 11 months of membership, a reminder will be sent to members advising them that their membership will expire in 30 days giving them the chance to renew their membership. If after 30 days of the reminder, membership has not been renewed, then it will be automatically cancelled and members will be notified of cancellation via email.
- BIOR Membership Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If a member wishes to cancel their membership then they can do so at any time by putting their request in writing to email@example.com however, no refunds will be issued once a membership has been purchased.
- BIOR Future Event Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If a member wishes to cancel their participation in a future BIOR event or service and has paid in advance, they need to notify us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org any refunds will be at the discretion of the BIOR Management team and subject to an admin charge of £40 and could be liable to further deductions of event or service expenses accrued by the BIOR.
Please note these cancellation and refund policies are for BIOR membership and services directly supplied by the BIOR, if members have purchased services from BIOR partners they need to contact the BIOR partners directly for details on cancellation and refunds.
The BIOR is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The BIOR may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14th April 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyseweb traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We do not store financial information after processing.
This website and its content is copyright of The British Institute of Recruiters BIOR © 2023
All rights reserved.
Protected Content (Internal page content behind logins): Any redistribution, alteration or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form whatever is strictly prohibited in all cases. Any such actions will be accountable under law.
Public Pages: Any redistribution, alteration or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only.
The information is provided by the BIOR and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the BIOR. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the BIOR takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Where a document provides guidance on the law it should not be regarded as definitive. The way the law applies to any particular case can vary according to circumstances, and you should seek independent legal advice in every instance
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or that of an BIOR member and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the procedure below. We will acknowledge your complaint and aim to let you have a full response within 20 working days. If it is not possible to respond fully within this timescale, we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and let you know why, and advise when you should receive a full response.
How to submit Complaints
- You can submit your complaint in the following ways:
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: BIOR Complaints, Suite 7, First Floor, Parkway Two, Princess Road, Manchester, M14 7LU
What to include
You should provide as much information as possible and keep hold of any supporting documentation, which may be requested at a later stage.
After a complaint has been made
Receipt of your complaint will be acknowledged as soon as possible. Your complaint will then be assessed to consider:
- Whether the BIOR has the power, remit and capacity to investigate.
- Whether the alleged misconduct is sufficiently serious to merit an investigation.
In support of your complaint you may be asked to provide more information or background research.
Our Complaints Team aims to consider 90 per cent of all complaints within three months of receipt.
It is important to note that our Complaints team:
- Help complainants resolve issues where possible.
- Intervene in any disputes between companies where all parties allow.
- Resolve internal disputes within a company where applicable.
- Remove and bar BIOR members who are found to act against the BIOR's Code of Professional & Ethical Conduct.
Our Complaints team are not allowed to comment on the reputation of a company or give references for a particular company. They do not give legal advice. Where appropriate, you may wish to consider seeking independent advice from other organisations or from a legal professional. There may be fees involved so ask about these at the outset.
If you make a complaint anonymously this could reduce the likelihood of any type of investigation taking place, as BIOR will not be able to obtain further information from you or discuss any concerns you may have.
Complaints are treated in the strictest confidence. Whether or not an investigation is undertaken, the identity of the complainant and the nature of the complaint are not disclosed.
Feedback on a complaint
As all investigations are confidential, no direct feedback is given to a complainant on the progress of a complaint. This includes the decisions as to whether or not to investigate. Where an investigation leads to follow-up action being taken against an individual or company, the results may become public knowledge or be reported in the press.